- The First Overall by Actual Record
- Ten Important Things That Happened At Wrigley Field
to his favorite team, predicts “they ain’t gonna win no more.”
7) 1988 – For the first time, Shawon Dunston’s name is spelled correctly on a hand-made sign in the left field bleachers. He has been
- Free Swingin' Sandoval
(9.7 K%, 86.9 Contact%), but his rate of free passes taken (2.7%) would make Shawon Dunston blush.
Sandoval's degree of hacking was unmatched: he offered at an absurd 53.8% of pitches thrown out
- Jamey Wright Improving With Age
(Bruce Ruffin, Dante Bichette, Eric Young, and Shawon Dunston) now have sons in the pros -- that he's seen a sea change in the game as far as the increasing number of strikeouts. In 1996, hitters
- A History of Dumb Baseball Cards
offered a real opportunity to create interesting cards. The “Rifleman” subset examines the best arms in baseball, a subject rarely talked about and never quantified. Rather than say, “Shawon Dunston
- Age is Just a Number for Torii Hunter
- Offseason Notes, Featuring RECK Leaderboards
- - -
- A Little Horsey Named Ben Revere
one hitter -- Chicago’s Jordan Danks -- from Aug. 16 on.
Only five qualified hitters in the last 20 years have had lower walk rates than Revere’s 2.1 last year. Well, actually four. Shawon Dunston
- Visualizing 2011 Draft Spending
11th rounder Shawon Dunston Jr for north of $1 million dollars. Although the Cubs were outspent by four teams, there is certainly an argument that they were one of the most aggressive teams
- Was Pat Burrell a Bust?
- Ironic Jersey Omnibus: St. Louis Cardinals
, the funny thing about TLR and his host of TLR-guys is that they rarely lasted long: Shawon Dunston served a year and a half, Joe McEwing a single year, as did Rick Honeycutt. La Russa loved his guys
- Kris Bryant and the MLB Careers of College's Best Player
produced excellent numbers. Following his junior season at New Orleans, he was drafted once again -- this time second overall by the Blue Jays, just behind Shawon Dunston. His transition
- The Least Productive High-Authority Hitters of All Time
, 8), Don Zimmer (114.7, 89.4, 6), Charlie Smith (112.2, 86.9, 5), Damian Miller (110.9, 89.2, 7), Shawon Dunston (110.4, 88.9, 9), Mariano Duncan (109.6, 87.9, 9), Todd Benzinger (108.6, 87.9, 5
- Top 15 Prospects: Chicago Cubs
- and C-level prospects that could either explode in 2012 or completely fall off the radar. Some of the guys that missed included Junior Lake, Ryan Flaherty, Aaron Kurcz, Shawon Dunston Jr., Zeke DeVoss
- Best and Worst of the Recent World Series Finales
pitched around constantly, walking 13 times.
Game 6 was the classic here. It was Hollywood stuff. Shawon Dunston's last career hit, a fifth-inning homer, was capped by a hug at home plate with his
- Jason Collette - Baseball Chat
Comment From Shawon "Thunderpup" Dunston
I am better than Starlin Castro! and don't I have a better nickname?
Jason Collette: Arismendy Alcantara has a much better real name than your
- 2015 ZiPS Projections - Colorado Rockies
- 2015 ZiPS Projections - Baltimore Orioles