- Blake Murphy's 10 Bold Predictions for 2016
in OBP leagues, but in standard formats, a guy with 25-plus home run power at the keystone should be going before No. 18.
8. Tom Murphy somehow makes Paul Sporer look smarter than he already is
- Cashman Strikes Again
genius, let’s highlight some of his recent gems.
Catcher JR Murphy to the Twins for outfielder Aaron Hicks, November 2015- I like Murphy a lot. He seemed like a great guy, and was a good player
- Projecting Rockies Call-Ups Cristhian Adames & Tom Murphy
Rockies team: infielder Cristhian Adames and catcher Tom Murphy.
Let's start with 24-year-old Cristhian Adames, who's a good bit closer to being ready for the big leagues than
- Tom Oltarzewski's Ottoneu Bold Predictions
, as owners take advantage of the new wave of information and collaboration available to us.
10) None of Tom, Trey, or Joe will win a championship this year ... but Justin will.
Ottoneu is hard, even
- 2016 Chicago Cubs Projections
- OttoGraphs Episode 4: Joe and Tom's Bold Predictions
In this episode of OttoGraphs, recorded just before the beginning of the regular season, Joe and Tom talk about some of their ottoneu-specific bold predictions (Joe, Tom), and banter about a few
- Daniel Murphy and the Costliest Errors in World Series History
I know this isn't going to help, Mets fans. And I know this might seem like I'm picking on Daniel Murphy which isn't fair because Daniel Murphy, by himself, has never lost the Mets a game and Daniel
- Prospect Stock Watch: Alford, Chang, Murphy
Chang who will be ready for double-A in 2017 at the age of 21.
Tom Murphy | C | Rockies
Murphy will never be confused for a gold glove candidate but he plays his
- Blake Murphy's 10 Bold Predictions
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 6/9 – For Draftstreet
-weather game with the wind blowing lightly out to left field. And pray there’s no more #freebaseball in these games, unless you want to see David Murphy on the bump again.
The Daily Five
- Roto Riteup: April 15, 2016
every year since. Sadly, he doesn’t have the power to take advantage of Coors Field if he were to get more playing time, and Tom Murphy remains the more intriguing depth behind Nick Hundley, who's being
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 8/7 – For Draftstreet
of the “it” that had us Jays fans fawning in 2011, but the daily price is yet to adjust accordingly.
Russell Martin - $6,909
Tom Koehler looks like the guy from Can’t Hardly Wait/Vegas Vacation/Empire Records
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — April 10 — For Draftstreet
- In the event you don't want to spend on Jays, the Nationals represent a nice opportunity against righty Tom Koehler as well. Koehler doesn't miss bats and, while he's been anything but bad through 162.1
- Roto Riteup: August 5, 2016
tear, thereby removing any threat to newly anointed closer Edwin Diaz and lifting Tom Wilhelmsen into the setup role, based on our latest Bullpen Report.
Jay Bruce hit a three-run home-run against
- Casey Janssen And The Hyperefficient Save
to find the closest together any instances were. Here are the closest:
Pitches for B2B Saves
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 6/20 – For Draftstreet
in 56-degree weather since cold temperatures drive down scoring, but there are two factors at play here: a 13MPH wind blowing out to right-center, and Tom Koehler. Koehler’s xFIP is stronger than his ERA
- Roto Riteup: June 14, 2016
Finnegan @ ATL (Julio Teheran)
There’s a pretty nice mix of streaming options today depending on your risk preference. Tom Koehler has a decent setup if floor is more important to you, Archie Bradley
- What Happens When A Pitcher Goes Right Down The Middle?
- Blake Murphy's 10 Bold Fantasy Predictions
- OttoGraphs Episode 11: Trade Breakdown
In this episode of OttoGraphs, Tom, Justin, and Joe break down the latest big trade out of the Ottoneu Champions League, and then discuss some of the implications and general trade strategies at play
- OttoGraphs Episode 12: Early Ottoneu Prospect Standouts
In this episode of OttoGraphs, Tom and Justin highlight some prospects who are gaining value this spring, with a specific eye towards ottoneu's unique prospect landscape. We also give a brief pitch
- OttoGraphs Episode 9: Player Value Changes
In this episode of OttoGraphs, Tom and Joe discuss some players who have changed their value in the early going, specifically with respect to the Ottoneu FGPts format.
Feel free to comment
- OttoGraphs Episode 10: Ottoneu Power Rankings
In this episode of OttoGraphs, Tom, Justin, and Trey discuss some early results in the Ottoneu Power Rankings, particularly what those results can tell us about the state of ottoneu strategy across
- OttoGraphs Episode 19: Player Profiles
In this episode of OttoGraphs, Tom and Joe try out a new format, digging a little deeper on some players who are especially relevant in ottoneu, as compared to some of the other fantasy formats. Joe
- OttoGraphs Episode 6: Interview with Niv Shah
In this episode of OttoGraphs, Tom and Trey interview Niv Shah, the creator of Ottoneu.
We discuss a wide variety of topics, including, but not limited to:
the brand new Ottoneu Community (You
- OttoGraphs Episode 13: The Good, the Bad, and the Harvey
In this episode of OttoGraphs, Tom and Trey discuss some players who have had notable seasons so far, for good and bad reasons! On the positive side, players like Jonathan Villar, Aledmys Diaz, Derek
- OttoGraphs Episode 14: Ottoneu All Star Hitters
In this episode of OttoGraphs, Tom, Justin, and Trey chat about some hitters who have represented the best values in Ottoneu over the first half of the season, including underpaid superstars like
- OttoGraphs Episode 15: Ottoneu All Star Pitchers
In this episode of OttoGraphs, Tom, and Trey continue last week's discussion about Ottoneu All Stars, this time hitting some of the first half's most valuable pitchers, including Drew Pomeranz, Rich
- OttoGraphs Episode 16: Vetogate 2016
In this episode of OttoGraphs, Tom, Joe, and Trey discuss a hotly debated topic across Ottoneu leagues this summer (and seemingly every summer): veto votes. We break the issue down into three main
- OttoGraphs Episode 17: What We've Learned
In this super-sized episode of OttoGraphs, Tom and Justin discuss some of the many lessons we've learned this season, including our thoughts about infield depth, managing injuries, and accounting
- OttoGraphs Episode 18: The Final Month
In this episode of OttoGraphs, Tom and Joe discuss some strategies for the final month of the ottoneu season. For contending teams, strategies like being aggressive bidding on pitchers
- OttoGraphs Episode 8: The Standings Dashboard
In this episode of OttoGraphs, Tom, Trey, and Justin discuss the Standings Dashboard, a tool that helps you analyze your team's performance and compare it to the league. Later, we talk about how
- 2016 Ottoneu FGpts Rankings – Prospects
AVG. – The average of our four rankings (for the purposes of this exercise "NR" was calculated as a ranking of 55)
Split – Difference
- The Fantasy Infirmary, with Dr. Otto Neu, M.D.
- OttoGraphs Episode 5: OttoGraphs Time Capsule
- OttoGraphs Episode 7: Early Season Advice
- Highlights from the Ottoneu Community
- Blurred Expectations Unavoidable for Adam Lind
- Carrasco's New Deal, and Why the Yankees Should Do the Same with Pineda
- Introducing Two New Pitching Metrics: exOUT% and exRP27
- It's Time to Buy into Daniel Murphy
Yesterday, Daniel Murphy went 4-5, hitting his fourth home run of the season in the process, and driving his batting line for 2016 up to .398/.449/.663. His 192 wRC+ ranks third best in the big
- Daniel Murphy: Underwhelming or underappreciated?
In 2013, Daniel Murphy defied all expectations by vaunting into the top-five tier of fantasy second basemen, making him one of the best bargains at the keystone sack and a tempting draft target back
- Is David Murphy Fantasy Relevant?
The Indians finalized their two-year, $12 million deal with David Murphy today. He's projected for two wins by Steamer, and in the past that front office has pegged the cost per win much higher than
- David Murphy: Undrafted
David Murphy hit over .300 with double-digit power and steals last season. He's in line for more playing time with Josh Hamilton gone. He just turned 31, so age is only a slight concern
- Daniel Murphy & Power Potential
Daniel Murphy has started to command more attention from fantasy owners. He amassed 600 plate appearances for the first time last year and has really locked down the everyday role at second base
- Tom Seaver Has No Friends
MetsBlog.com has a quote from Tom Seaver about Johan Santana's no-hitter:
I’ve never met Johan personally, but, what I’ve heard about him is that he has a big heart and is a huge competitor. I
- The Fruits of Tom Gordon
Tom Gordon has had a noteworthy career, but for today, the discussion is going to focus on three players who have a connection to Tom Gordon that most do not realize. Gio Gonzalez, Ian Kennedy
- Daniel Murphy: A Surprise in the Top 5
In his fourth full big league season, Mets second baseman Daniel Murphy finally fulfilled his fantasy promised and delivered great value to his owners. Likely drafted in the last two rounds or simply
- The Greatness of Tom Glavine
, you have to search for what those changes could've been. Other times, they flash in blinding neon. Tom Glavine was born in 1966. In June of 1984, he was drafted by the Atlanta Braves. In June of 1984
- Daily Graphing - Tom Glavine
After finish up the second half of 2004 with a 4-7 record and an ERA over 5, many thought it might be nearing the end for Tom Glavine who had been pitching in the majors for 18 years. 2005 started
- Tom Layne and Release Points
velocity and strikeout rate, there are plenty of pitchers that make less gas work by varying speeds, varying location, and varying movement.
Jack Moore did an excellent job of talking about Tom Layne's
- Nationals Settle for Daniel Murphy's Adequacy
, but the big thing they've actually done is sign Daniel Murphy, pending a physical. According to reports, it's to be a three-year contract, worth $37.5 million.
You remember Murphy for his
- Tom Wilhelmsen Thrives With Fastball
Tom Wilhelmsen converted his seventh save of the season Monday night against the Orioles, tossing a scoreless ninth inning. The appearance marked his 16th straight without allowing an earned run
- Is Tom Milone Worth an Add?
In his first start as an Oakland Athletic, Tom Milone pitched eight shutout innings and allowed just six baserunners, which should prompt him to become a pretty big waiver wire pickup today
- What Is Tom Gorzelanny?
After picking up Matt Garza from Tampa Bay, the Cubs were widely expected to trade Tom Gorzelanny in order to free up a spot in the rotation for their newly acquired starter. Today, that expectation
- David Murphy: A Platoon of His Own
David Murphy ranked 88th among outfielders in Zach Sanders' rankings, worth negative $5. His disappointing season allowed the Cleveland Indians to sign the 32-year-old platoon outfielder
- Vlad, Murphy, And Potential Second Guessers
career, at least for me. Particularly, I wouldn't be surprised if Vlad was now a -25 or -30 outfielder, as Griffey was with Cincinnati in 2007, at least according to UZR. With David Murphy as an aveage
- Let's Talk About Daniel Murphy
, the two-headed Kershaw/Greinke monster from Los Angeles, the Cubs' young bats, and the Mets' young arms.
Enter, against this backdrop, Mets' second baseman Daniel Murphy, who prior
- Contract Crowdsourcing 2013-14: David Murphy
is likely to receive, FanGraphs is also requesting that readers make note of how much they'd pay each free agent were they, themselves, actual GMs.
In this edition: David Murphy.
- How Unlikely Is Daniel Murphy's Streak?
Daniel Murphy chose a really good time to play some really good baseball. He's hit home runs in six straight games, with a chance to extend that streak once the World Series commences on Tuesday
- Q&A: David Murphy, Underrated Ranger
David Murphy isn’t a star. The former first-round draft pick -- 17th overall by the Red Sox in 2003 -- has never been able to establish himself as more than a solid player. Coming into the season
- The Daily Grind: Jimenez, Hand, Murphy
Daily DFS - Jimenez
GB / FB Splits
Tomorrow's Targets - Wright, Hand, Murphy, Gose
1. MLBTR League
It hasn't been my best season for traditional
- Book Review: Tom Clark's BASEBALL
found Tom Clark’s Baseball -- over 30 years after it was published.
I’ll cut to the quick: Baseball is a – perhaps the – must-read book for those who appreciate the NotGraphs approach to fanaticism
- Spotted: David Murphy, Possibly Surveying Confederate Dead
While the following image was not definitively taken moments after David Murphy felled Mark Reynolds, that treasonous Reb, at Antietam with one shot from an Enfield rifle, it probably
- A Short, Mediocre Play Featuring Tom Milone
(The curtain rises to reveal TOM MILONE, left-handed pitcher for the Oakland A's.)
TOM MILONE: My name is Tom Milone, of the Oakland baseball club. My ambition is to become a character
- Tom Milone and the Whole Velocity Thing
, and recently traded, left-hander Tom Milone.
If, somehow, you're not that sort of person, perhaps you've wandered to this site by accident. In any case, here's a recap of what you would've found
- Tom Wilhelmsen, A Good Ottoneu Add
Up until last night, Tom Wilhelmsen was my highest scorer in ottoneu, a league in which I own Ryan Braun, Troy Tulowitzki, Robinson Cano, and Dan Haren, to name a few. Mike Minor's great outing
- Can Daniel Murphy Survive BABIP Drop?
Daniel Murphy entered the 2008 season not even among the Mets’ top 10 prospects according to Baseball America. Prospect maven John Sickels gave him a “C” grade but called him a sleeper. Yet Murphy
- Tom McNamara: Scouting the Mariners Draft
Tom McNamara is playing a major role in the Mariners’ rebuilding efforts. Seattle’s scouting director for each of the past three drafts, McNamara added a franchise cornerstone when he took Dustin
- A Brief Post Capitalizing on Daniel Murphy's Unlikely Success
The purpose of this post, nominally, is to provide some manner of brief but substantive comment on the exploits of second baseman Daniel Murphy, which player just recorded his sixth home run
- Do We All Still Underrate Daniel Murphy?
for draft picks and prospect upgrades. (Without boring you with too many details, each of the 12 teams keeps eight major-league players per year.)
Daniel Murphy is one guy I was openly shopping
- Why David Murphy is the Most Underrated Signing of the Offseason
On November 20th, the Cleveland Indians signed outfielder David Murphy to a 2 year/12 million dollar contract, hoping to see a bounce-back pair of seasons from him after an atrocious 2013
- Unintentionally Found: Rob Murphy, OG Stat Nerd
around a couple of ideas for an article. One involved Murphy's internal dialog as he played a text-based computer game. Another had him hacking into the stadium's scoreboard.
But then I did a little
- Cleveland Signs David Murphy, Continues Loving Platoons
Former Texas Ranger David Murphy has reportedly agreed to a contract with the Cleveland Indians. As of this writing, the details are still coming out, but the deal is said to be for two years
- David Murphy: Next Ranger In Line For An Extension?
Harrison who stays. They've been aggressive about signing players on the right side of 30 to multi-year extensions while eschewing the guys approaching their decline years. David Murphy could
- A Breathless Update on That Signed Tom Milone Hat
Many will enter (bids), only one will leave (with an autographed Tom Milone hat).
The attentive reader, using the part of his brain responsible for memory, will recall how, yesterday, the author
- Josh Hamilton Out - Enter David Murphy
up, David Murphy. Murphy will probably play every day in the outfield for the next two months, and if you go back and pro-rate out his previous years, he looks like he could hit 20+ home runs and steal
- Chris Davis and David Murphy, in the [Pitching] Zone
For Chris Davis and David Murphy, “in the zone” doesn’t extend to the mound. Each has a successful pitching performance on his resume, but in neither case was there a feeling of being in command
- JABO: Daniel Murphy's Most Surprising Home Run
The postseason always provides some surprising storylines, but this year, nothing has been more unexpected than Daniel Murphy turning into Babe Ruth. The Mets second baseman is mostly known for his
- The Entire World Reacts to a Tom Haudricourt Tweet
With the likelihood increasing that Jimmy Rollins will return to the Phillies and Rafael Furcal won't be signing with the Brewers, beat writer Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- JABO: The Making of Postseason Legend Daniel Murphy
Murphy, who’s not yet one of those household names. An important part of the Mets during the past few years, yes, but never what anyone would call a superstar. Only now, after fueling another Mets win
- David Murphy & Carlos Villanueva: Waiver Wire
The fantasy season is starting to reach crunch time, so let's begin the week with two players who have recently taken on more prominent roles...
David Murphy | OF | Rangers | Owned: 12% Yahoo
- J.R. Murphy: New York Yankees Catching Prospect
Barring unforeseen circumstances, J.R. Murphy isn’t going to be the New York Yankees’ starting catcher anytime soon. Not with Brian McCann inked to a five-year contract worth $85 million
- Position Battles: Rangers' OF, Pt. 2: Jones and Murphy
repeat performances. Now, let's turn our attention to a guy who has nowhere to go but up (Andruw Jones) and a sophomore fighting to stay in the lineup (David Murphy).
It's difficult to avert one's
- FanGraphs Audio: Tom Haberstroh, NBA Nerd
Sources close to FanGraphs Audio report that the 2011-12 NBA season is mere days away. To acquaint us with same, we bring in a kindred spirit: ESPN NBA analyst Tom Haberstroh. Topics
- FanGraphs Audio: Tom Brookens and Phil Coke
David Laurila, curator of FanGraphs’ Q&A Series, talks with Tigers personalities of past and present and present: former Detroit third baseman (and current first-base coach) Tom Brookens
- FanGraphs Audio: Tom Zentmeyer, President of WhatIfSports
Tom Zentmeyer is the president of WhatIfSports and was integral to that site's creation of Hardball Dynasty, an online simulation that allows one to become both GM and manager
- Theo Epstein-Tom Ricketts Meeting Illustrated
News -- nay, "news" -- broke yesterday that a Chicagoan saw Red Sox GM Theo Epstein meeting with Cubs chairman/owner Tom Ricketts at a Starbucks. The resident/spy was "99.99% percent" sure
- Murphy, Hosmer, Moreland & Smoak: 1B Risers/Fallers
Let's look at a pair of first baseman with their stock on the rise, and a pair with their stock heading south...
Daniel Murphy | Mets | Last 30 days: .373/.400/.573, 2 HR, 21 RBI, 12 R
- Vernon Wells and David Murphy: Waiver Wire Outfielders
, it could be quite helpful and inexpensive.
David Murphy, TEX |OF| Ownership: ESPN -- 32.0% Yahoo -- 38.0%
If you're in a mixed league, then there seem to be a few more choices to replace Ludwick
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 6/13 – For Draftstreet
. This won’t, nay, can’t be pretty.
David Murphy - $5,128
There’s a similar story here, with no Rangers really being a poor choice. Esmil Rogers has been a pleasant surprise for my Toronto Blue Jays
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 7/4 – For Draftstreet
, but he’s hitting lefties decent and is underpriced given his power potential. If you can make room in the budget for a $10k hitter, Laser Show is a nice target, too.
Daniel Murphy - $6,715
- Roto Riteup: September 9, 2016
that saw him demoted to Triple-A for a week in June. Still 25, he’ll be an interesting name to try to put a value on entering next season.
Elsewhere at second base, Daniel Murphy hit his 40th double
- Red Sox Playing Time Battles: Hitters
and a bit of speed.
David Murphy, Brennan Boesch, and Bryce Brentz make up the likely minor-league depth. Brentz is the most intriguing name as a former first-round pick plagued by injuries
- Donnie Murphy & L.J. Hoes: Deep League Wire
for significant playing time.
Donnie Murphy | 3B CHC | CBS 8% Owned
Ever since starter Luis Valbuena was placed on the DL with an oblique injury early this month, Murphy has become
- Cooperstown and Tom Glavine Just Don't Mix
(and 203 losses) HAS to be looked at, and addressed. Because in 2014 when Tom Glavine is considered for induction into baseball's most prestigious sanctuary, those 305 wins are going to be discussed
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 7/25 – For Draftstreet
There’s quite a bit of chaos in the Murphy household at the moment, so I didn’t have time to dive into more stadium-specific wind effects, but look for Wrigley Field data on Saturday.
As for today
- Relevant Week One Playing Time Surprises
it's tough to see him carving out a 400-PA role. Morgan would be a fine speed play, but Bourn and Michael Brantley are fairly well-entrenched, David Murphy already has the friendly side of a platoon
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — May 25 — For Draftstreet
(Vegas agrees, and the over/under for this one is set at nine).
David Murphy - $5,836
Lonnie Chisenhall - $5,505
Yan Gomes - $5,571
(And Michael Brantley at $8,677 if you can find the cash
- Roto Riteup: April 6, 2016
at projection systems pegging him for three or four this year, but mostly because of his reaction.
After sliding into the DMs https://t.co/jFIH3Aerwm
— Blake Murphy (@BlakeMurphyODC) April 5, 2016
- Roto Riteup: September 27, 2016
for an overthrow at home. He’s set for an MRI today. And Daniel Murphy probably isn’t going to be back this week, but the NLDS may be realistic.
BLUE JAYS: Throwing baseballs at people is dumb. In this case
- Roto Riteup: September 28, 2016
The Rockies would consider sitting DJ LeMahieu down the stretch if it will help him lock up the NL batting crown. Batting .350, narrowly ahead of the injured Daniel Murphy at .347, LeMahieu risks hurting
- Deep-League Waivers: Murphy, Pie, Dyson
with even the best laid plans. Let's hit on all three below, in the form of AL outfielders.
David Murphy, Rangers
It's time to get on board with the Murph. He started 2011 with a pinch-hit two-run