- Rays Extend Wade Davis
Following the blueprint they used to sign a pre-arbitration eligible James Shields prior to the 2008 season, the Tampa Bay Rays signed 25-year-old Wade Davis to a contract extension on the eve
- The Tale of Tommy Davis
who chose to read on, consider Tommy Davis. He has more than a few things in common with Bay. Both are left fielders, stand around 6’2”, and weigh around 200 pounds. Davis even played with the Mets
- Pirates Acquire Derrek Lee
Just hours after acquiring their potential first baseman of the future (Chris Davis), the Baltimore Orioles shipped off their first baseman of the present – Derrek Lee – to the Pittsburgh Pirates
- Sleeper: Rays Pitcher Wade Davis
With the Red Sox and Yankees recently adding big names to their respective rotations other guys like Wade Davis tend to slip under the radar. Davis doesn't have the name recognition of a John Lackey
- Tommy Hunter, or Generics versus the Brand Name
organizations, with histories that suggest that they just aren't that good.
Perhaps no player typifies the 2012 Orioles more than Tommy Hunter. And it's guys like Tommy Hunter who are why we need
- Chris Davis: Fantasy Value After Trade to Orioles
from April, in which I happened to highlight the 25-year-old Davis -- who, along with pitcher Tommy Hunter, was traded from Texas to Baltimore for reliever Koji Uehara -- it's both instantly
- The Speedy Tommy Harper And The Random Career Year
Cooperstown. But there are some names on the list you wouldn’t pull off the top of your head. Tommy Harper? Yep, he's one of those names. He is also a possessor of that rare feat: the Random Career Year
- Arrieta and Davis
Jacob Arrieta and Wade Davis are both aged 24, right-handed, and rookie starting pitchers cutting their teeth in the frenzied American League East. Neither is recording the kind of whiffs their stuff
- Jarrod Parker Debuts For Diamondbacks
missed the entire 2010 season after undergoing Tommy John surgery. Despite the injury, Marc Hulet ranked him as the No. 1 prospect in Arizona's system prior to the season, saying he might be major
- Edmonds' Minor Problem with Kotsay's Major Deal
We're pleased to welcome Tommy Rancel as the newest member of the FanGraphs staff. His debut post is below.
Last week, Mark Kotsay signed a one-year deal with the Milwaukee Brewers worth $800,000
- Ogando Enters Rangers Rotation
. That plan lasted less than a week. With starter Tommy Hunter out until at least May, the team announced that Ogando will begin the season as a starting pitcher.
Ogando is an interesting choice for a spot
- Ogando's Impressive First Start
briefly mentioned the Rangers might start Ogando in the rotation with the intention of moving him back to the bullpen once Brandon Webb or Tommy Hunter was able to take his turn. Soon after we went live
- Matt Bush: September Call-up Candidate?
required Tommy John Surgery. He spent most of the 2010 season rehabbing his right arm, but did appear in a handful of lower-level minor league games. The lack of live action did not stop the Rays from
- Chris Young Trades Petco For Citi Field
- Delcarmen Chooses Relief With Mariners
- Arizona Scoops Up Branyan
- Durbin Signing Ends Wild Relief Market
- What Percival Taught Friedman
- Yankees, Nationals Scouting Carlos Silva
- Where Is Willy Aybar?
- Beachy Makes Braves Rotation
- 2011 Organizational Rankings: #4 - Tampa Bay
- A Look at Drabek's 2011 Debut
- Matsuzaka Off To Rough Start
- Bartolo Colon Returns to Rotation
- Crawford Will Be Okay in Boston
- Call Him Complete Game James
- Same Masterson, Different Results
- What's Wrong with Carlos Pena?
- Astros Add Aneury to Rotation
- Time to Give Up on Vazquez?
- The Padres Eight-Run Eighth
- Vogelsong Resurfaces in San Francisco
- Buente Can't Beat Rays, Joins Them
- Jo-Jo Reyes Wins
- Is The Danks Theory Catching On?
- Price Even Better in 2011
- Jose Lopez Finds Work With Marlins
- Braun Improving As Franchise Player
- Tigers Move Coke to Bullpen
- Five Relievers Who Are Finding "It"
- Giants Upgrade Infield With Keppinger
- Giants Acquire Orlando Cabrera
- Cardinals Add Furcal to Mix
- The San Francisco Firemen
- Free Russ Canzler
- Britton Bounces Back Against Yankees
- Sun Will Come Out For Morrow
- Wade & Sonnanstine v. The Process
- White Sox Extend Sergio Santos
- Cardinals Find Lynn-chpin
- Rays Running For Willingham
- Anthopoulos Gets Closer and Flexiblity
- Shoppach Returns to Boston
- Colon Continues Comeback In Oakland
- Tribe Get Potential Bargain In Wheeler