|Add New Contract
- $275m / 10 Years (2008 - 2017) (Edit)
- signed by New York Yankees on 12/12/2007 (Extension)
- 2008: $27M, 2009: $32M, 2010: $32M, 2011: $31M, 2012: $29M, 2013: $28M, 2014: $25M, 2015: $21M, 2016: $20M, 2017: $20M
- Signing Bonus: $10M
- No Trade: Limited
- Incentives: His new contract allows A-Rod to earn $30 million more for achieving historic milestones. He is 18th on the career list with 518 homers, 244 shy of Barry Bonds' record.Rodriguez could receive an additional $6 million each for five milestones that the team designates as historic achievements. They are contemplated to be tying the home-run levels of Willie Mays (660), Babe Ruth (714), Hank Aaron (755) and Bonds, and breaking Bonds' major league record.
- Other Notes: A-Rod gets a $10 million signing bonus, of which $2 million is payable upon approval, $1 million each Jan. 15 from 2009-13 and $3 million on Jan. 15, 2014.
- Agent / Agency: Scott Boras
- Source: sports.espn.go.com
- Submitted by brianjd10
- 1993 June Amateur Draft - Round: 1, Pick: 1, Overall: 1
- Team: Seattle Mariners
- School: Westminster Christian HS (Miami, FL)